THERE ARE MANY KINDS OF COMMUNICATION
- There is the communication of "TIME".
- There is the communication of "GIFTS".
- There is the communication of "TOUCH".
WE MUST GET RID OF SOME OF THE PROBLEMS
“Wherefore putting away lying.” V.25
“The wicked are estranged from the womb. They go astray as soon as they are born speaking lies.” Psalm 58:3
“Let no CORRUPT communication proceed out of your mouth.” V.29
The word “corrupt” here is a word that was used to refer to “overripe fruit or rotten fish”.
- It starts with complaining.
- Complaining that is attached to blame.
- It moves from complaining to criticism.
- It moves into contempt
Dangerous elements. verse 31
“Let all bitterness be put away.” V. 31
- “Bitterness is anger turned in”. ”. It refers to “a bitter root that produces bitter fruit.”
- Avoid “wrath”. The word “wrath” means “an explosion”. It means “an eruption”. We get the word “thermos” and “thermonuclear” from it.
- “Anger.” This word means “rising anger”. It means “to become red-faced”. It is the idea of someone holding onto their anger as it grows and grows.
- “Clamor.” That word means “loud-speaking”. It refers to shouting.
- “Evil speaking.” This phrase refers to “injurious speech”. It is “an attempt to hurt another person with our words.
10 Common Communication Breakdowns in Marriage
- Not really listening
- Speaking before thinking
- Only talking about what you want to talk about
- Raising your voice
- Negative non-verbal communication
- Speaking in superlatives
- Degrading your spouse
- Playing the blame game
- Seeking to be understood first rather than to understand
- Bringing up the past
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE THE LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES